Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Peek into Our Easter Dinner

So, we're hosting Easter Dinner this year. It's something we've always wanted to do, but our house is so small...and my immediate family is SO BIG. There are three of us in this house, my Dad, three sisters and one brother, my Father (yup, I'm lucky enough to have two!), and my Father in Law.

We have a table that seats six, very tightly.

Normally when we have get togethers, I just lay out snacks and nibbles and people stand around, sit on the floor, sit on the stairs...but we can't do that for Easter!

I'm excited to see how this is going to turn out! I love cooking for my family, it's one of my favourite things to do. We'll borrow a plastic table, and maybe a plate or two, and we'll be fine :)

So....what's on the menu?

Pre Dinner Snacks
Cheese and olives (brought by my Father from the deli by his place)
Hummus and toasted pita
A cheeseball, fashioned like a chick

The Meal
A delicious Honey-Bee ham
Parsley mustard sauce
Mac and Cheese (one of my sisters wanted to learn how to make it from scratch, what a great opportunity!)
Baby vegetable medley
Mashed potatoes
Green salad
Multigrain rolls

Dessert
Key Lime Pie
Chocolate pudding pie
Fresh strawberries and blueberries (I think)
Fresh whipped cream

My mouth is watering just thinking about all of this amazing food! The awesome thing is, I can make much of it beforehand, and thankfully the ham is done (it will just need to be warmed up).

If I can hold off on eating everything, I'll take photos. If not, you'll just have to imagine it :)

No comments: