Friday, June 26, 2009

Tour de Fleece Intro

Started knitting Aug 2008. Got bored of the yarns available to me and found Etsy, and through that, found the Phat Fiber Box. This led me down the slippery slope.

My Mom got me a drop spindle set (one top whorl, one bottom whorl, some handpainted roving and some “practice” roving) in April 2009, a full month before my birthday. My first Phat Fiber Box came the day after the drop spindles did.

I was hooked. Or spun. Whatever.

End of May, I got my first wheel. A Kromski Sonata. It goes room to room with me (wherever the 7 month old with the curious fingers isn’t) and I try to spin every night. Of course, it’s tough to find that time with the baby, my full time job AND running our business (housekeeping is pretty low on the list of importance), but that will be my challenge.

So my goals:

* spin every day of the tour
* get the yarns done that I need for holiday gifts
* my big challenge will be either taking on the silk hankies that seem to be my nemesis or to spin up the other slippery stuff I have on my table mocking me.

No comments: