Monday, May 2, 2011

Broiled Tilapia Parmesan

A wonderful friend (WENDY) turned me onto this recipe a week or so ago and I've been itching to try it. It's from a SparkPeople recipe, but I adjusted it a bit (go figure).

Broiled Parmesan Tilapia

This served 3 of us, adjust as needed.

2 Tilapia fillets
2 Tblsp butter, softened
1/4 cup parmesan (don't go for that powdered stuff. Seriously)
1 Tblsp lemon juice
2 Tblsp mayonnaise
2 tsp PC Vegetable Seasoning Rub (I LOVE this stuff!)

Preheat broiler. Line baking pan with foil. Place tilapia fillets on the foil.

In a small bowl, mix up everything else, taste and adjust as needed for your taste, and put aside.

Pop fish under broiler for 2 or 3 minutes each side, until 95% cooked.

Pull it out and top with the parmesan stuff. Stick it back under the broiler to finish cooking and to melt and slightly brown the topping.

I served it up with browned butter brussels sprouts and some chopped tomato and cucumber salad (with a little salt, pepper, olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar) and a couple of black olives.

The President's Choice seasoning I'm talking about, I can't seem to find online, but it's a dry spice mixture of sea salt, brown sugar, roasted garlic, rosemary, black pepper, sage, lemon, parsley and bay. I found it beside the fish counter. It's not the kind with the spice grinder...it's a metal shaker canister. There was one for seafood as well, but it looked like they had very similar ingredients.

Quinn Drinking

I had some key limes and ginger ale left over from Easter, and I'd bought 2 boxes of raspberries, so I thought I'd fix me a drink.

I threw the juice of 13 key limes, 25 raspberries, 2 Tblsp sugar and about 1/4 cup ginger ale into the blender and whirred it up. I filled half my glass with the juice and topped it off with ginger ale.

Quinn loved it. If only he ate his veggies that readily!

Raspberry Limeade

No comments: