Sunday, July 24, 2011

Granola Bites

Quinn and I decided to make some granola bites this morning. I got the recipe out of the latest issue of Today's Parent magazine.

I think it's obvious that I have a pretty good relationship with food, and I really hope to pass that along to Quinn. One of the ways I can get him to appreciate food is to let him have a part in making it.

Making Granola Bites

1 egg
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tblsp vegetable oil
1 cup large flake oats
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup dried blueberries
2 1/2 tblsp sesame seeds
pinch cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12 muffin tin with oil (I have one of those mister things).

In a large bowl, whisk egg, maple syrup and oil. Add oats, seeds, blueberries and cinnamon. We tasted everything (but the egg) as it was going into the bowl.

Divide evenly amongst the 12 wells. It was about a heaping tablespoon per well. Press mixture into tin with the back of the spoon.

Bake in oven for about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen them. Cool for about 10 minutes in the pan and gently (using the spoon if needed) remove them and place them on a plate.

If you take them out too soon, they will fall apart. If you wait too long, they might stick.

Granola Bites

No comments: